By Mary H. Guindon
A Counseling Primer offers an advent to the counseling occupation that gives scholars with a starting place for fulfillment. This attractive and obtainable textual content covers the center CACREP common Orientation with a entire evaluate of the sphere. It:
- Anticipates the questions of starting scholars with a sequence of chapters that ask who counselors (and consumers) are, what counseling is, while and the place it truly is practiced, and why counselors pick out the profession.
- Introduces scholars to the fundamentals of crucial attending and listening abilities.
- Challenges readers with case vignettes and dialogue questions.
- Encourages self-reflection and gives talents for remark of others.
- Supports scholar studying with vast pedagogical beneficial properties and resources.
- Enhances the examining event with a powerful on-line instructor’s manual.
This enticing textbook is stuffed with valuable positive factors to augment the educational event. each one bankruptcy contains "points to ponder", case examples, an "in perform: what might you do?" vignette with dialogue questions, and a bankruptcy precis. A self-reflection journaling workout, termed the TFAC Chart (Thoughts, emotions, activities, Context) reinforces the fabric from each one bankruptcy and allows scholar growth.
A Counseling Primer: An advent to the Profession is followed by means of a wealthy array of supplementary fabrics which are made on hand to qualifying adopters and their scholars thoroughly at no cost. Our on-line assets are hosted at the Moodle direction administration system.
Instructor assets include:
- A pattern path syllabus
- Chapter-by-chapter PowerPoint lecture slides
- Chapter-by-chapter teacher Notes, together with bankruptcy precis, studying pursuits, and directions for prompt in-class actions and assignments
- An interactive attempt financial institution for every bankruptcy (including a number of selection, real or fake, and essay query formats).
- The assessments and notes can be found for obtain via teachers in a number of beneficial codecs, to fit your needs.
Student fabrics include:
- TFAC (Thoughts, emotions, activities, and Context) Journaling kinds for self-reflection
- Class handouts for assigned and non-compulsory evaluation activities
Read or Download A Counseling Primer: An Introduction to the Profession PDF
Similar psychological education & training books
Overcoming Compassion Fatigue is a clean workbook method of successfully deal with the inherent exhaustion, burnout and pressure pros evidently face while operating with these in discomfort and misery. Written via working towards clinicians skilled in compassion fatigue and CBT, this guide will equip you with sensible instruments to control your paintings and reduce your chance of private damage.
Chi nella vita si è trovato in una situazione di pressure o difficoltà sa bene che esprimere le proprie emozioni unfavorable aiuta subito a stare meglio e a superare un momento difficile. Questo quantity dimostra che aprirsi, parlare ma soprattutto scrivere dei propri sentimenti ha effetti positivi non solo sul proprio benessere psicologico, ma anche sulla salute fisica.
This publication demonstrates find out how to combine carrier studying within the undergraduate psychology curriculum as a priceless academic device for either majors and nonmajors. scholars examine by way of changing into lively members in psychology and bringing its advantages to communities.
This sequence explores the major matters, types and abilities for running shoes and supervisors frequently parts of assisting professions.
- Thinking Outside the Box with the Child in Crisis ("Try This" Classroom Management System Book 1)
- Leseverständnis und Lesekompetenz: Grundlagen - Diagnostik - Förderung (Lehren und Lernen) (German Edition)
- Graduate School in Psychology: Insights for Success from Early Career Psychologists
- Cultivating Professional Resilience in Direct Practice: A Guide for Human Service Professionals
- Coaching estratégico: Como transformar los limites en recursos (Problem Solving) (Spanish Edition)
Extra info for A Counseling Primer: An Introduction to the Profession
A Counseling Primer: An Introduction to the Profession by Mary H. Guindon